Schylling Inc is currently recruiting for a strong Accounting Specialist to join our Accounting Team!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Cost and inventory accounting for the Company, including transactions related to product purchase order receipts, inventory transfers, and cycle count adjustments.
- Analyzing and posting additional entries that impact inventory valuations, such as freight, duty, and customs clearance costs. Also, spreadsheet analysis to allocate and apply costs to specific products.
- Monitoring and approving freight and duty invoices for payment, per the Company’s contract with its freight forwarder.
- Reviewing, approving, and transacting factory invoice payments for prepayment of product purchase orders.
- Creating, analyzing, and maintaining inventory reports and schedules, reconciling to the general ledger, including but not limited to: finished goods, in-transit inventory, components, prepaid duty, sales samples, and shipment container detail.
- Assisting in year-end physical inventory count at our California distribution center.
- Resolving collection issues for selected Key Accounts, by examining customer payment plans, payment history and credit lines, while initiating contact with customer AP departments when needed, both online (through Email and customer web-portals), as well as via telephone.
- Verifying the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Receiving completed chargeback documentation, updates spreadsheets, and reconcile to customer accounts.
- Resolving invalid or unauthorized deductions by following pending deductions procedures
- Being active in systems implementations as needed.
- Providing additional support to the Accounting Department as applicable.
- There is plenty to do so this position can evolve to include additional responsibilities based on interest and capabilities.
Primary Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting preferred)
- 1-3 years of Accounting experience (Consumer Products experience a plus)
- Professional level communication skills, both on the phone and via email, as you’ll be working with other departments (Purchasing and our Distribution Center) to coordinate and reconcile inventory transactions.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Must pay attention to detail.
- We’re busy so you should expect, and be able, to handle a large volume of transactional data.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team player, with a high energy level and willing to jump in and help wherever needed.
- Must be able to meet accounting deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter, and have excellent follow-through abilities.
- May be required to travel to our Ontario, California warehouse once a year for inventory.
IT Systems Knowledge:· Microsoft Office experience with Excel and Word required. Strong Excel spreadsheet capabilities a huge plus.· Exposure to ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics NAV a huge plus).
Schylling offers all employees medical, dental, vision insurance, company paid life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, tuition assistance, 401k, annual bonus potential, and a generous product discount.
Due to COVID-19, this job may start off remote, with some limited and social-distanced in-office training. Ultimately the job will be located in our North Andover location.