Schylling is an award-winning toy company that has been putting smiles on the faces of children, and children-at-heart, for over 40 years. Our corporate office is in Massachusetts, but we are opening our new warehouse operations in Lakewood, WA, and are currently recruiting experienced Forklift Operators. The most suitable individual will be able to complete the following:
- Keep safety a priority.
- Safely operating forklift and/or other machinery (dollies, carts hand trucks, etc.) to complete tasks such as loading/unloading pallets/product, moving product within the warehouse, and stacking pallets or materials in the correct manner.
- Read work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed from receiving area to storage/other determined areas.
- Ensure complete product accuracy on every order, while maintaining operational standards.
- Follow inventory control instructions when sorting/placing items on racks, shelves, or in reserve locations.
- Working with racking systems and loading/unloading pallets (for example, pulling and placing pallets on/off vertical product racking systems and trucks and maximizing storage by stacking products vertically)
- Experience with standards of operation (OSHA requirements on minimum/maximum speeds, signaling, putting product in appropriate areas).
- Use technology such as computers and smartphones.
- Use safe practices and methods to handle products heavier than 50 pounds and can stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, climb stairs, and reach frequently during shifts.
- Maintain cleanliness in the assigned area.
- 1 + year of work experience in a related field.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Forklift operating certification and training are a plus.
- Day shift, eligible for overtime.
- Work on a team that supports each other to reach our customer/company goals.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- US work authorization required.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Consent to a background check.
Schylling offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with an 80% company contribution, company-paid life and disability insurance, PTO and at least 9 paid holidays, product discount, and a 401k with weekly company match and eligibility after 30 days.