Senior VP of Sales
Senior VP of Sales
Schylling is an award-winning toy company that has been putting smiles on the faces of children, and children-at-heart, for over 40 years. We are looking for an experienced Senior Vice President of Sales to define and lead the company’s sales strategy and team, to deliver upon agreed objectives, in line with Schylling’s corporate goals. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in sales management and a comprehensive understanding of the toy industry. You will be responsible for developing and executing sales strategies that drive revenue growth, expand our customer base, across all channels, in North America, and internationally. The most suitable individual will be able to complete the following:
- Work strategically to realize organizational goals; Develop and implement sales strategies that align with and inform the company’s goals and objectives.
- Create and manage a comprehensive sales plan, setting targets and objectives for the team that takes account of a wide range of issues across the organization.
- Manage, motivate, and mentor direct reports, setting clear direction, providing coaching, and development as needed to achieve goals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key accounts, independent sales representatives, and key stakeholders, driving revenue growth and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Identify and pursue compelling new business opportunities and strategic partnerships that generate incremental revenue and build our organization’s value.
- Demonstrate financial awareness; control costs and think in terms of profit, loss and added value.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to set forecasts, manage demand planning and annual budgets.
- Negotiate trading terms and conditions with customers and external partners.
- Monitor market trends, competitive activity, and customer needs to inform sales strategy and product development decisions.
- Analyze sales data and market trends to identify areas of opportunity and potential risks.
- Work in a systematic and methodical way; consistently achieves project goals.
- Collaborate with other departments, including product development, marketing, and operations, to ensure alignment on sales goals and strategies.
- Oversee our participation in industry events and trade shows to promote our brands and drive sales activity.
- Develop and implement pricing strategies to optimize revenue and profitability.
- Oversee the expenditure of retail promotional spend, markdowns and return allowances.
- Consistently monitor and maintain performance by customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- Minimum of 15 years of sales experience, with at least 10 years in a leadership role
- Strong understanding of the toy industry and market trends
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth and expanding customer base
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong working knowledge of competitive products and the industry or market.
- In-depth knowledge of selling strategies and techniques.
This description is not intended as a comprehensive listing of activities or responsibilities that may be required of the role.
Schylling offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage with an 80% company contribution, company-paid life and disability insurance, PTO and at least 9 paid holidays, product discount, and a 401k with company match and eligibility after 30 days.